Wednesday, August 10, 2011

68 Days Ago....

......it was June 3rd and this teacher found herself on the first day of Summer Vacation..... 

68 days ago she blogged for the first time

68 days ago she had summer staring her in the face.

68 days ago it seemed like the start of another school year was so far away. 

Now, it's August 10th and this teachers finds herself in a Welcome Back meeting at school!

Second to seeing the children walk in for their fist day of school, today is one of my favorites.  It's like a big, happy reunion with all my long lost friends!  We hug and laugh and just catch up.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, teachers have such a strong bond of friendship and support.  I would be willing to bet that we have stronger bonds than any other type of colleague you could find out there in the work force.  Unlike many other professional relationships, for 180 days we listen, talk, support, laugh, cry, empathize, sympathize, and so on and so on.  I mean, I can only run to the restroom --unscheduled-- if another teacher will keep an eye on my class!  Now that is a special relationship!

So here's to all my teacher friends that have already started back to school or will be starting back soon. I hope you made the most of your 68 days of summer break, and I hope you are as happy to get back to doing what you love as much as I am! 

Happy Teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment