Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Apple Tastings

I knew my 3 week Apple Unit was coming up soon so last weekend Mr. Lochel and I headed up to Sky Top Apple Orchard for a little inspiration.

We started off with an empty bucket--

We followed the signs to our favorite kinds of apples--


We picked our first apple--


And we knew where there was one--there would be many more!


Mr. Lochel is SUCH a good sport! 

Back in Kindergarten, we had a YUMMY tasting time during centers.  Some of our wonderful moms came to help and brought in some apple treats! 

Audrey loved the apples I brought back from the orchard!

Reese's Mom brought in an apple pie for us to taste!

Jennifer's Mom brought in some apple juice for us to drink! 

Our wonderful intern, Mrs. Miskelly helped pour out some servings of apple juice.


Chloƫ and Audrey's Mom brought in some homemade applesauce!

Dario loved the applesauce!

Giovanna loved tasting these dried apples!

What a GREAT experience for the children to taste some of the products that can be made from apples!  A big "Thank You" to all my classroom parents that helped by sending in more apple products for us to try and to those that came to help! 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like so much fun. I am a kindergarten teacher about 30 minutes from Sky Top in Dacusville. I have been wanting to visit there for sometime now.

    ReplyDelete