Monday, June 13, 2011

A Weekend Getaway

Toes in the water? Toes in the sand?  YES, please! 


And, of course, the teacher in me couldn't help but collect a bag of free manipulatives to take back to the classroom- seashells!  I am always on the lookout for that kind of stuff; free, that is!  I love getting shells, and maps, and postcards of any kind to share with my children that don't ever have the chance to travel.  I take for granted the many opportunities I've had to see the beach.  I am always surprised at the number of children in my class each year that have never been.

The minute my hubby left work on Friday, we hit the road for a weekend trip to the beach!  Our dear friend, and my sorority sister, Nicole, got married! 


Her destination wedding at the beach worked out perfectly for us too because I had been holding onto a free 2 night stay at Springmaid that I won back in September.


Cheryl, Roxy, Nicole, Lynn, Crystal, Katy, and me!


It was a great weekend with friends, one that we promised to repeat!

Summer Bucket List: I've got quite a ways to go!!
1. Trip to the beach
2. Read a book, or two, or three
3. Start a new tradition at home
4. Give a heartfelt surprise to someone
5. Give a good report to a manager about an employee
6. Extreme Makeover: Kindergarten Closet Edition
7. Begin writing a children's book
8. Clean out all 4 closets
9. Try Yoga again
10. Write a letter to the editor
11. Write a letter to a friend
12. Go on a picnic
13. Start a blog
14. Learn about Guided Math Groups
15. Go to a concert
16. Finally beat my husband at a game of Clue: The Office edition

No comments:

Post a Comment