Monday, July 4, 2011

Thank You GCADA!!

The minute I was named District Teacher of the Year last September, blessings started flowing my way and they have yet to cease!  I couldn't be more humbled or grateful for the honor and the many accolades that have come with it. 

I put to use one of the BEST prizes this weekend!  Thanks to the Greater Charlotte Automobile Dealers Association, my husband and I enjoyed a 2 night stay at the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC.

Our mini vacation began by sleeping in on Saturday morning.  We had breakfast in bed then went out for pedicures. Yes, Mr. Lochel did too.....I hope the news that I blogged about this doesn't get back to him!  Hoping the holiday weekend traffic wouldn't be too bad, we slowly made our way into Asheville that afternoon.

Welcome to the Grove Park Inn!

The view from the front porch looking down

Our package included two tickets to a concert on Saturday night!  We had an amazing time, AND, I get to cross this off my Summer Bucket List!  Better yet, I actually recognized the singers.  I figured it would be a local band, which would have been great, but this was even better.  It was Joey and Rory!  They are a country singing duet who were discovered a few years back on CMT's "Can You Duet" show.


Mr. and Mrs. Lochel with Joey and Rory! 
They were much taller than they looked on stage!


We had an amazing breakfast on Sunday morning and spent the day by the pool.  We both got "sun kissed."


From the breakfast buffet......


Our dinner at one of GPI's amazing restaurants was also included in our package. It was an Independence Day buffet.  We had shrimp and lobster and potatoes and salad and local roasted veggies and so on and so on. 




We spent the rest of the evening hanging out in the Main Hall listening to a swing band.  We also enjoyed a tasty beverage called "Patriots Punch!)


We hated to leave on Monday morning but we LOVED getting to have lunch with my Aunt Lillian and Uncle Max who live in Asheville.  We also got to see my cousin Leslie, her husband Barry, and their son Bruce (the most well behaved and focused almost 3 year old boy that I have ever encountered), who were all in town visiting. 

So, as I blog today, I am thankful for many things; I am thankful for the GCADA, my husband, my family, and my country. 

Happy 4th of July!



Summer Bucket List
1.Trip to the beach
2. Read a book, or two, or three
3. Start a new tradition at home
4. Give a heartfelt surprise to someone (purchased said surprise, in search of the receiver)
5. Give a good report to a manager about an employee
6. Extreme Makeover: Kindergarten Closet Edition
7. Begin writing a children's book
8. Clean out all 4 3 closets (one down, three to go!)
9. Try Yoga again (my friend Kristy invited me to go...I have been a slacker, but am still hoping to go soon!)
10. Write a letter to the editor
11. Write a letter to a friend
12. Go on a picnic
13. Start a blog
14. Learn about Guided Math Groups (professional book in hand!)
15. Go to a concert
16. Finally beat my husband at a game of Clue: The Office edition
17. Complete Family Trust Grant (changed from Foundation to Family trust b/c I missed the deadline)
18. Complete and mail in STAR Teacher Application

No comments:

Post a Comment